Start with a Dream. Finish with a Future.
- About CCSU
- Alumni & Friends
- Campus Life
- Welcome to the Department of Mathematical Sciences!
Math Dept Phone # (860) 832-2835
Math Dept Fax # (860) 832-3753
Marcus White Room 128
- Time Travel Course
- MATH 440 71 Time Travel is being offered during the Spring 2016 semester. For more information on this course click
- 06, 2015
- The 6thAnnual Integration Bee!
- The 6th Annual Integration Bee took place on Friday, November, 06, 2015.
- Congratulations to the following 6th Annual Bee winners!!
- 1st place: Suhas Kodali
- 2nd place: Rong Chen
- 3rd place: Rob Mitchell
- 4th place: Zoe Cramer
- 23, 2015
- The 4thAnnual Factoring Bee!
- The 4th Annual Factoring Bee took place on Friday, October, 23, 2015.
- Congratulations to the following 4th Annual Bee winners!!
- GROUP 1:
- 1st place: Diana Lenares
- 2nd place: Maya Covington
- 3rd place: Kathy Drezek
- GROUP 2:
- 1st place: Sean Eustace
- 2nd place: Suhas Kodali
- 3rd place: John Coleman
- 25, 2015
- 7th Annual CCSU Regional Math Competition Results
- Math Department Program Learning Outcomes
- Degree Program Assessment Reports can be found here.
- Degree Program Learning Outcomes can be found here.
- The Mathematical Sciences Department comprises a dynamic group of faculty and staff responsive to the needs of students.
- The Department Chair, Dr. Philip Halloran, and the Assistant Chairs, Dr. Chun Jin, Dr. Jeffrey McGowan, and Dr. Maria Mitchell as well as the entire faculty and staff, have fostered a student-centered environment, where outstanding teaching is the top priority, while also stressing strong research, and service to CCSU and the community.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do I take a Math Placement Test?
- The Math Department does not administer Math Placement Tests.
Please contact The Learning Center at (860) 832-1900 to make an appointment to take a test. If you need assistance taking the test, visit our Placement Test Prep page.
- What does it mean to be placed Into Math 099?
- Click here for important information regarding Math 099! Being placed in Math 099, you are required to take Math 099 within your first 24 credits.
- How do I use this site?
- All the information is contained in a set of Folder links off to the left-hand side. You can follow these links to find our Programs, Courses Offered, Textbook List, and a variety of other fun information. Give it a try today!