Start with a Dream. Finish with a Future.
- About CCSU
- About CCSU
- Alumni & Friends
- Campus Life
- 6th CCSU Regional Mathematics Competition
- The 6th CCSU Regional Mathematics Competition was held on April 12, 2014 at Central Connecticut State University.
- There were 25 participants, from 8 schools in Massachusetts and Connecticut.
- The top three participants were:
- 1. Whit Froehlich (Amherst College)
- 2. Fanying Chen (Wesleyan University)
- 3. Martin Ball (Central Connecticut State University)
- All three will receive a $100 gift certificate for Barnes and Noble.
- The top twelve participants receive a free, one-year student license for Mathematica, courtesy of Wolfram Research. We would like to thank Wolfram Research for their generous support.
- Individual Scores
- All participants can use the three-digit ID that they received on the day of the competition to look up their scores. Each problem was worth 10 points, so the maximum possible score is 60.
ID SCORE ID SCORE ID SCORE 039 2 101 5 268 27 040 6 104 11 270 10 041 8 106 3 271 5 043 3 108 16 274 43 044 11 114 21 350 3 075 6 116 4 351 2 097 4 251 19 352 13 099 18 262 1 100 14 265 34
- List of participants
- We would like to thank the following students who participated in the competition!
NAME Alfaro Paul University of Bridgeport Ball Martin Central Connecticut State University Bancamper Juan University of Bridgeport Chadic James Eastern Connecticut State University Chen Fanying Wesleyan University Darrow Brian Jr. Southern Connecticut State University DelValle Marc Central Connecticut State University Froehlich Whit Amherst College Granados Alvaro University of New Haven Hart Halena Eastern Connecticut State University Lesniak Christine Central Connecticut State University Montanaro SunMee University of Bridgeport Nakayama Takasato University of Bridgeport Nguyen Gunarso Central Connecticut State University Paquette Elizabeth Wesleyan University Parke Darren Emmanuel College Perez Erika University of Bridgeport Peters Ian Eastern Connecticut State University Petronchak Becky Southern Connecticut State University Roe Hanju Central Connecticut State University Taskin Jaimy Lee University of Bridgeport Townsend Niko Emmanuel College Tran Tuyen Emmanuel College Truong Vu Yen Nhi Amherst College Williams Melissa Eastern Connecticut State University
- Problems and Solutions